Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Giving: Bill Clinton

Just started this new audiobook as the commuter traffic picks back up post-Labor day - and one morning in, it's just what the doctor ordered.   In the process of self-understanding, I have learned that I generally prefer nonfiction and a book with an uplifting message really does good things for my headspace.  I don't need or have much interest in sugarcoated fairytales but just a book about the better side of humanity or the power each one of us has to make the world around us slightly better.

I think my life is missing some philanthropy.  Sure, like most of us - I am extremely busy and my resources are not indefinite.  Life is expensive and time is so very limited.  But excuses are just that. And plenty of people give with less.  There is no minimum to what we can give - maybe it's just a compliment, a prayer, holding the door open, a few dollars, a meal, an invitation, an encouraging word. Every day we can do something.  Every day I will ask myself, what have I done.

How wonderful that no one need wait a single moment to improve the world. - Anne Frank. 
(image)