Thursday, July 17, 2014

Time

Summer seems to always move in an extra fast pace.  The weekends have been filled up with visitors and entertaining and more visitors.   I won't lie that a part of me is already ready for the cooler temps of September and the slower pace of life that the fall brings.  It's, without doubt, my favorite time of the year.  But for now, summer is what we have and it's not a bad place to be if I can just surrender to the busyness of it all.

We've been taking full advantage - going to outdoor concerts, grilling, fruit galore, playing cards after dinner - trying to be present in the season.  Like everything else, it's temporary and the long, cold dark days of winter will be here.   But I can't help but wonder what happened to the lazy, slow, days of summer?  When did the slowly dripping ice cream cone give way to a pace of legitimate hustle.


(image)