Wednesday, April 23, 2014

17 months

Since the day you came to us, you've possessed a sweet soul.   I so often call you, "my little angel" because that's what you are.   When I hold you, when I'm in your presence the love I have for you overwhelms me.  I could just devour your perfectly soft skin.  The curve of your cheek.  

I call you angel and I call you rascal.  We call you "Bagunca", which is a sweet Portuguese word for "little mess".  Because you get into everything.  And we wouldn't want it any other way.

Last week as we were leaving music class, a mother I don't know commented "He's so cute.  I think he may be a priest or a therapist..."  The reason she said this is because, unlike the other kids, a trait that is truly yours, is your overwhelming sensitivity and awareness of those around you.   You deliberately "check in" on each kid in music - and you stopped to offer a hug to the shy girl who stayed on her mom's lap for most of the class.   You have a compassion that we have not taught but you simply arrived to us possessing....   It's one of the things that makes you so unique.  

Happy 17 months to my Littlest Angel.